Eight months ago I had a baby, but I’m not losing the baby weight as fast as I would like. I’ve been exercising and eating well. What Jamieson products do you suggest I use to expedite my weight-loss program? I’ve read about Jamieson’s Slim Down® product line, but do not know which supplements to use.
The most effective weight-loss programs are long-term endeavours, involving new dietary habits, fitness regimes and lifestyle changes. It’s important to remember that there is no quick fix for permanent weight loss. Those who shed weight rapidly tend to experience the “yo-yo effect,” where weight fluctuates up and down. Usually the result of a fad diet, rapid weight loss is neither healthy nor lasting and, each time you return to the plan, you may find it more difficult to make progress. If you make changes to your lifestyle and your diet habits, however, you’ll realize greater success losing the weight for good.
A safe, steady weight-loss regimen should help you shed approximately one to three pounds (0.5-1.5 kg) a week. Beyond those amounts, you’re likely losing water and muscle mass. Always be patient with your body and be proud of every step you take in the right direction!
Follow the tips listed below and you’ll feel great and be on your way to a healthier lifestyle. Here are seven tried-and-true tips to you get started — and keep the weight off for good:
• Break routine. Three meals a day are a thing of the past. Try eating four to six smaller meals to boost your metabolism and control your hunger.
• Portion control. Get accustomed to real serving sizes by reading calorie details on food packages, which will help you visualize how much food really belongs on your plate. You can also buy individual portions of your favorite snack items. Helpful Hints: Rewarding yourself with a meal out is never a bad thing, but watch the quantity. Share desserts with others or order appetizers instead of entrées.• Sweat it out! Always round out your regime with exercise, as it helps to burn calories and develop muscle, which keeps you strong, lean and feeling good about yourself! Incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity into your daily routine. Try anything from walking, jogging or running to biking, swimming, hiking or rowing. Choose an activity you enjoy because then you’ll stick with it.
• Keep a food diary. Record everything (yes, everything) you eat to provide an honest look at where your calories are coming from.
• Take a multivitamin. It’s important that you maintain a balanced diet. Rapid weight loss — achieved by skipping meals or complete food groups — only puts you at risk for nutrient deficiency. But since you are eating less, complement your new routine with Jamieson’s Slimdown One®. In addition to supporting the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, this formula contains vitamins and minerals for overall health and wellness.
• Seek support. Surround yourself with people pursuing the same goals. Many communities have weight-loss support groups where you can share tips, recipes and stories of your journey.• Create a plan. A nutritionist, dietitian or personal trainer can offer expert advice to help you achieve your goals.
More Jamieson Sites
This site is protected by copyright and trademark laws under Canada, U.S. and International law. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.